Thursday, February 10

To My Caramel Companion

Dear Toffee,

You know how the old saying goes, "It's not you, it's me". Well, this time it is you. This relationship has become toxic and codependent.

You are suffocating me. No matter where I go or what I'm doing, I can still hear you calling out for me.

"Marieeeeee....come fiiiiiind meeeee"

"You know you want me"

"Stop playing hard to get"

I can't do this anymore Toffee. I'm sorry it had to come to this, but I just don't trust you. I think you're in cahoots with my muffin top to gang up on me. I heard you two whispering when I tried buttoning my jeans yesterday.

So I'm making a clean break for it. I'm kicking you to the curb.


Maybe someday we can be friends again. Until then we'll always have the memories.

Goodbye sweet caramelized sugar, goodbye.

Love always,
Marie

P.S. Don't go telling Sean about this. You've already broken enough hearts around here. When he comes home tonight asking for you, I will tell him you ran away to join a traveling bakery. These things just have to be done.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...